Cornucopia Harbor, Wisconsin is located at the mouth of the Siskiwit River on the south shore of Lake Superior, 49 miles east from Duluth, MN. The project was authorized by the Rivers and Harbors Acts of August 26, 1937 and September 3, 1954. The existing project provides an entrance channel between piers; an irregular-shaped turning basin; two inner channels, and reconstruction and Federal maintenance of a deflection dike and entrance piers constructed by local interests. Project depths are 10 feet between piers and 8 feet in the turning basin and inner channels. The harbor services primarily a commercial fishery and recreational navigation interests.