The Construction Administration Branch provides contract management and contract administration of all Architect-Engineering (A-E) contracts and quality assurance services on all construction projects within the Detroit District. These include projects supporting the District's flood risk management, military construction, hydroelectric, recreation and navigation missions. We also provide these same services to other federal agencies.
CAB as a technical and support branch is responsible for assistance, coordination, review and implementation of policies and products regarding A-E contract management and construction contract administration in the Detroit District. CAB also participates in in acquisition strategy meetings for all design, construction and A-E contracts.
Prior to construction contract award, the branch supports our Engineering Branch’s design reviews with focus on biddability and sustainability. CAB provides overall review of preconstruction plans and specifications, solicitation documents and Dr Checks comments and recommends to the Chief, Engineering and Construction when solicitation packages are ready to be advertised.
After construction contract award, the branch supports our Area/Resident Engineers and Administrative Contracting Officers in the Operation Division. CAB provides assistance and expertise to all area offices on matters related to construction contract administration for all District construction contracts and ensures construction quality management and safety programs are maintained. The CAB team is comprised of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineers.
In addition, CAB:
- Establishes, maintains and updates data in the Resident Management System prior to award
- Ensures data is maintained and updated in the field throughout the duration of construction contracts, delivery orders, studies, etc.
- Facilitates electronic exchange of information, provides technical support and overall management of contracts via RMS.
- Manages A-E contracts supporting Geotechnical services and reviews A-E scopes of work, government estimates of A-E fees and A-E contract modifications
- Provides technical expertise and advice to other District branches about A-E contracts