Partners - Kids to Parks School Contest is OPEN
Are you interested in bringing a school group to your lake for FREE?
National Kids to Parks Day www.kidstoparks.org (KTP) will be held this year on May 17, 2014. The National Park Trust (NPT) is gearing up for this day of outdoor play by once again launching the National Kids to Parks Day School Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to help teachers engage their students with their local parks. This national contest is open to all schools grades pre-K through 12th across the country and in the U.S. territories. Students can submit proposals for a KTP event at a park in their community.
NPT will award scholarships up to the amount of $1,000 to winning entries for each class. Scholarships will be used by the winners to implement their KTP event during the week leading up to May 17th. This includes a mandatory volunteer service project by the children at one of your recreation areas. Deadline for entries is February 28. Winners will be announced March 17.
How Schools Can Enter:
1. Download the entry form at www.kidstoparks.org/school-contest or use the entry form document
2. Students must complete the proposal form
3. Email or mail the proposal to:
Billy Schrack – William@parktrust.org Park Trust
401 E. Jefferson Street
Rockville, MD 20850
Contest winners will receive:
* Funding for one park experience including school bus transportation, healthy snacks, park related fees, or supplies
* Official award certificate and KTP stickers for students
* A classroom Buddy Bison, our pint-sized woolly mascot to take, on your park adventure
* A featured news story on our website and e-newsletter
Explore a Corps lake near you!