Petoskey Harbor, Michigan is located on the east shore of Lake Michigan about 50 miles south of the Straits of Mackinac. The project was authorized by the Rivers and Harbors Acts of August 18, 1894 and June 13, 1902. The existing project
provides for a breakwater extending from the shoreline, 1,345 feet long of stone-filled timber crib, concrete capped, and rubblestone construction, which protects the municipal pier. The harbor services primarily recreational navigation interests.