Home > Missions > Operations > Leland Harbor, MI

Leland Harbor, MI

Leland Harbor, Michigan is located on the west shore of Lake Michigan, at the mouth of the Carp River, about 40 miles north of Frankfort, Michigan and 40 miles southwest of Charlevoix, Michigan.  The project was authorized by the River and Harbor Act of 30 August 1935 and 23 October 1962. The existing project provides for a harbor of refuge comprising a breakwater about 1,200 feet long, a protected anchorage and maneuver area about 3 acres in extent and 10 feet deep, a 12-foot deep flared approach channel decreasing in width to 90 feet; an existing south pier 440 feet long, a 35-foot long cellular extension to south pier, a channel 40 feet wide and 6 feet deep extending from the southeast corner of the anchorage area to the mouth of Carp River; and elimination of the existing north pier. The harbor services primarily recreational navigation interests and a ferry service to the Manitou Islands chain (part of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore).

Surveys

 

 PDF

DGN 
 Leland Harbor

Leland Harbor