Home > Missions > Operations > Kewaunee Harbor, WI

Kewaunee Harbor, WI

Kewaunee Harbor, Wisconsin is located on the west shore of Lake Michigan, about 105 miles north of Milwaukee, WI, and about 78 miles from Green Bay, via Sturgeon Bay Harbor and the Lake Michigan Canal. The project was authorized by Rivers and Harbors Acts of March 3, 1881; June 25, 1910; August 30, 1935; and, July 14, 1960. The existing project provides for an outer basin protected by a 2,980-foot converging north breakwater and shore connection, and an 1,850-foot south pier, a north pier 650 feet long, and an entrance channel 505 feet wide through the outer basin and 150 feet wide between piers; an interior turning basin; a northerly channel extending 100 feet wide; and a north basin. The project depth for all channels is 20 feet. Currently, the entrance channel is maintained to a depth of 18 feet and a width of 150 feet. Facilities for recreational navigation exist in the harbor.

Surveys