Home > Missions > Operations > Harbor Beach Harbor, MI

Harbor Beach Harbor, MI

Harbor Beach Harbor, Michigan is located on the west shore of Lake Huron about 60 miles north of Port Huron, Michigan. The harbor was authorized by Rivers and Harbors Acts of March 3, 1871; January 21, 1927; and, July 16, 1984. The existing project provides for the formation of a harbor of refuge by stone filled timber crib breakwaters consisting of the north breakwater, 1204 feet long; the main breakwater, 4,716 feet long; and the south breakwater, 1959 feet long; for dredging the main entrance 600 feet wide and 23 feet long and 23 feet deep; and for dredging in the anchorage area within the breakwaters 3,000 feet long and 1,200 feet wide to a depth of 21 feet. The harbor contains facilities that serve a coal fired power plant and other wharves.